|Owner||Council of Nine|
|Built||22 Brightstar 1310|
This nine-sided structure of obsidian is located in the heart of Paradomea City. Built in the Year 1310, this massive edifice was constructed in less than three years at a considerable cost in labor and treasury. It is built atop a an enormous slab of rock called the Ebon Bedrock.
In 1392, a band of bold, and yet foolish, rogues broke into the palace and stole tomes and ancient scrolls from the chambers of Syndic Nargontou. The lich pursued the group into the catacombs beneath the place and himself was killed, but not before killing six of the seven rogues that came to rob the place. The surviving rogue made off with the riches of the lich and his fellow members. A year later, the local news claimed that a Scroll of Dawn was found and that it said the Ebon Bedrock was ripped from Mechanus by a primordial named the Master of Tides.
Slaves, workers, engineers, and elementals erected the Palace of Nine on the top of a flattened hill, under which was the Ebon Bedrock. They created a monolithic structure, 999 feet from side to side, and mostly made of obsidian. This material was transported by barge from the obsidian fields at Hlothram, down the Dargirth, and into Paradomea City. The lich arch-mages of the Council of Nine then fused the obsidian into one solid construction impenetrable by mortal attacks. Such was the magic used in its construction, that it created a tear in the Web of Magic. This tear in the fabric of the Web resulted in the formation of the rift Tintibulus Chute.
The Palace of Nine has numerous towers. The nine largest towers loom 500 feet above the streets of Paradomea City. Beautiful terraces are cut into the volcanic cone. These hold the offices and properties of the most powerful merchant houses of Paradomea. All parts of the Palace of Nine are symmetrical, orderly, and of very precise construction. This is done because of the nature of the Ebon Bedrock.
The Palace of Nine is an enormous structure occupied by high-level wizards. It has many chambers, some accessible only by teleport and a fair number of extra-dimensional ones. It has halls of ancient artwork, vases, and other ornaments from fallen civilizations of Bal-Kriav and a large collection from other distant worlds. The main meeting chamber of the Syndics has a 100' diameter raised glass floor that is a dead life forge. The cleaners call it the Life Forge Pedestal, but their employers probably have some other grandiose name for it.