|Region||Lands of Purity|
|Headquarters||Prism of Merioss|
|Deities||The Balance, others|
|Established||5 War March 49|
Located on Tarelcil is an ancient guild of wizards. The guild was founded by five goodly Theegan witches. These witches left their barbaric kin of the Northern Hordelands and settled on several islands of Galathien. At Tarelcil they studied arcane arts and the tomes and other relics pulled from places like Chaotum ( before it was re-settled ), Orchirion, and the Magis Institute.
In 1222, Black Wood and a group of Merioss wizards took down the wielders of Blizzard and Firestorm. They then took these weapons and secured them in the bastion of Viressur. They locked these weapons away at this place rather than Prism's vaults because of the danger these two sentient weapons posed.
This guild was once comprised of two sects of wizards, the White Wizards of Merioss, and the Gray Wizards of Merioss. In the Black Tide War (1465 - 1504), most of the White Wizards of Merioss were slain. One of their greatest displays of magical might was at the Siege of Holy Sanctum. In this battle they killed thousands of undead with fire and lightning. After the loss of so many Whites in the war, the Gray Wizards took control of the guild and worked covertly to thwart the activities of the Black Tide of Thasmudyan. In 1513 the Arch-Mages and the then mortal Aredhel sealed the Abyssal Funnel. After the defeat of the Black Tide, the guild began recruiting new wizards with goodly intentions. The guild no longer has sects of white and gray wizards, but they still must deal with politics and intrigue between its members.
The main goal of the Arch-Mages of Merioss is the preservation of harmony and equilibrium across Bal-Kriav. Many of its members follow the dicta of The Balance.
The guild also lends its magical arts in more mundane tasks, such as magically fortifying the long-standing bridge Gazulud-Gik and of the dredging of Phanax leading to it becoming a great commercial port.