|Founded||11 War March 910|
Bathor is cradled in the rolling hills of Mynzuth. It was founded in 910 by Nermanean settlers. Halflings make up the majority of this city's population. Paradomea City is a major trading partner of Bathor. The Bathorians supply 30% of the wheat required to sustain Paradomea City's vast population. Before the Black Tide War (1465 - 1504), more than 20,000 halflings lived in the city, with double that number dwelling in the burrows and surrounding countryside. The war took a terrible toll on the population, with nearly half dying or put to slavery.
The Bathorian halflings make it a point to keep the living areas sized for the demi-humans. They welcome trade and commerce, but make it very difficult for non-halflings to settle in the area. The Bathorians believe that a melting pot like Paradomea City disrupts social and family values. Bathor is the largest exporter of olives. Ringing the city like walls are hundreds of vineyards. These vineyards are used to produce Bathorean Wine which ranks among the best of the realm's wines. The city is a crossroads for three major roads. As such, a lot of travelers and caravans pass through and around the city.
In 1466, Bathor fell to the armies of the Black Tide. Paradomea helped in securing safe passage for the Bathorian survivors. The city was liberated from Black Tide rule in the Artery War (1546 - 1554).
The most prominent house of worship in the city is to Avandra. In the city is the Hallowed Halls of Freedom. This sprawling edifice is the largest temple to Avandra in the realm.