|Built||6 Hollow 7941 DE|
|Destroyed||22 Prey 1271 LE|
The Womb of Entropy was a massive rock, the size of a mountain, floating in the endless expanse of Chaos. The primordial lord Geb and his earth archon builders turned this mountain into a massive military base. They honeycombed the rock with numerous wide and tall passages and chambers. They then started building special areas within it to house rift-making devices. These were devices built either by or under the guidance of a rogue weave spider named Sarseg. After they were in place, he activated them. This opened inter-system rifts between Chaos and faraway worlds. Soldiers went through the fortress, through the rifts, and then off to one of the fronts of the Dawn War.
When the Dawn War ended, the Womb of Entropy is thought to have either been destroyed or lost to the endlessness of Chaos.
In the Lith-Crillion Era, the primordial Asoun found the Womb of Entropy drifting in the seemingly infinite expanse of Chaos. The place was occupied in some areas by things of chaos but they were of no match to Asoun. He put them to guarding the place, and getting them ready to protect his work. Asoun used Sarseg's rift-makers, opening two rifts to the world Bal-Kriav. One of these rifts was a diversion to tie down whatever forces came to close it, and the other was so that Asoun could set-up research outposts on the world.
When the Lith-Crillion learned of the gateways, they mounted an attack on the place. The attackers, along with a pack of weave spiders, utterly destroyed the place. The destruction of the Womb of Entropy sent thousands of pieces of it across the realms. These chaos-tainted fragments became known as Entropy Fragments.