|Founded||11 Hollow 2889 LE|
Lanirûk was founded in the Lith-Crillion Era by Tragaran colonists sent out from Gatiranda. Espousing ideas of superior Tragaran culture and civilization, they were sent out to spread enlightenment to "lesser" peoples. Lanirûk was built as a permanent mission station. A century after this mission work fizzled out, Lanirûk had grown into an powerful city-state with its own independent government.
In 790, Lanirûk became the capital of the newly formed Borillisk Empire.
Lanirûk was abandoned in the Hedrac War. This conflict with the First Khazarar Empire blocked the passes into the valley and then slowly pushed Borillisk's people towards Lanirûk. The fighting along with devastation brought on by the Gulimbor Cataclysm (996 - 1203) forced the Borillisk to find a new home. Many fled to Moharr where they were rescued by Niratar civilian and military ships tasked with helping out their fellow Tragarans. By 999, the Borillisk government and many of its people were out of Gulimbor.
Lanirûk is sited at the northern tip of the Hedrac valley where it meets lake Girrun'nâth. When the Sceptre of Phenul-Tamrâk was destroyed, the Hedrac valley floor and many of its ruins were engulfed by the unnaturally expanding Barândîr glacier. Only Lanirûk's tallest ruined spires peak through this glacier.