|Built||14 Bloom 1110|
Targind-Nal is an ancient ruined fortress built by Iburakthal. During the reign of this dwarven confederacy, this fortress protected the approaches to the Gathol Hills and its river ferries. In the Second Sorrow Pass War, this place fell along with the rest of Iburakthal's holdings.
The ancient dwarven fortress was rebuilt by the Black Tide of Thasmudyan and renamed after a half-orc who slew the dwarven general Nâlakthargib. The fortress guarded the Dark Road to Moregar, which passed through this fortress, into the Underdark, and under the territory of Celebriän. The road then passed through the dreaded undead fabrication area of the Black Tide, the Fodder Mine. The road then surfaced at Moregar. After the defeat of the Black Tide in the Artery War (1546 - 1554), the place was sacked and once again became ruins.
Targind-Nal is a haunted place, with ghosts, banshee, and other terrors roaming the grounds and the labyrinths beneath the place. Even in the hottest months of Bal-Kriav, a cold chill pervades the place. Moans of anguish echo from the rubble and fissures belch toxic fumes into the central courtyard of Targind-Nal. The entrance to Black Athroond is guarded by a fiendish hound with three heads. A few attempts have been made to put down this Cerberus Pup and reopen the road, but all have ended in a grisly death by the hound or by the numerous banshee that dwell in Targind-Nal.