HOUND WASH

CategoryRivers
ContinentBrucrumus
RegionNorthern Hordelands, Lands of Purity
MapHound Wash River

The Hound Wash river begins in the foothills of the Canines. The slow-moving river flows west of the Regalc hills and into the Lands of Purity where it drains into the Galathien Sea.

During the reign of Yagamph, the river saw much traffic between Kennel and Chaotum. Today, due to the hostile nature of the area, the river is not used much for commerce. At the very northern end of the river, where the waters become navigable by small riverboats, is the ruins of Rorthurk. This place was a harbored fortress that protected the northwestern entrance into the Vale of Mughorz.

In the Second Epoch, Hound Wash became the border between the Witch Horde and Garormuk. In 1190, Theegan encroachment into the land of the gnolls resulted in the Witch-Pack War (1190 - 1240).