|Builder||Baraglindu, Thithak Bathworks|
Grimsuvelth Trawler is a class of merchant ships made for the large size and weights of giants. They are perhaps the largest class of ocean-going vessels still produced in the realm. Grimsuvelth Trawlers were first built in the Creation War (1486 DE - 8777 DE). In this system spanning conflict, the shipyards of the great port city Etteir constructed these behemoths to ferry giants and great siege engines from the military staging areas of Gorejun to distant theaters of conflict.
The design of a Grimsuvelth Trawler has changed little since the Dawn Era. It is said the ships are nearly perfect, product of a primordial of great intellect and engineering skill named Grimsuvelth. Books taken from the secretive naval archives of Ivory Asylum claim that their greatest advances in ship design came from the study of Etteir's dry docks and reverse engineering captured Grimsuvelth Trawlers.
Today, these enormous vessels are mainly found in the hill giant empire Oathundor and in the fire giant kingdom Goth-Dyvermoir. Up until the Third Epoch, the journey of a Grimsuvelth Trawler to these empires was a long one. Made with a ritually treated timber out of Varorthin, they were originally built only on the shores of Baraglindu lake. They were then sent across Sandfury Bay and into Erethor, then south along the coasts of Brucrumus and beyond. It was a long and dangerous voyage. In the Third Epoch, deals were worked out to take Varorthin timber overland to the Viiz Bo. From this river, it was sent down river to the private shipyards of the Thithak Bathworks.