|Region||Lands of Purity|
Gûn is the highest peak of the Brucrumus continent. Part of the Ginzarak mountains, it stand 52,400' above the Pearl Sea. It is a volcanic mountain honeycombed with caverns, passages and mining shafts. Some areas date to the God Era when Gûn was used for forging great weapons and armor. Once serving as a major Covenant supply depot, the mountain is dotted with ancient crumbling towers and castles. There are also a fair number of them inside the mountain, lining the passages leading into Lothalorn. Some places have been rebuilt, bastions under the flag of Maharâg. All of these fortified areas, including those that have fallen into ruin, are built of Mechanus Links. From the Mechanus System, these stones carry a negative entropy focus. In the Demon Spawn War (8972 GE - 9493 GE), these "Law Blocks" were especially good at defending against demons.
In addition to the Mechanus Links, Gûn is also a favored source for lava stone. This rock is unusually hard, having been been used in the construction of great fortifications across the Lands of Purity. The most notable of these are Gûn Helmet in Iglutt and the Holy Sanctum.
During the Black Tide War (1465 - 1504), Katrana captured Gûn and a greater part of the Sylvan Kingdoms. She turned the place into her base of operations. In 1533, with a large army from Elamir and Viressur, the Golden Elite defeated Katrana's army and removed a great curse that she had places on the dwarves of Maharâg.