At the southern end of Felakgathar's sculpted peaks is a monolithic structure shaped like a maul with the business end resting on the ground. The maul head, 400' long and 280' wide, is crafted of blocks from the Endless Wall. The haft is made of lava stone that rises 360' skyward where it tapers to a point.
Built in the Creation War (1486 DE - 8777 DE) by construction units under Danzar-Khâl, this enormous structure is named in honor of Felân-Dûl, the top engineer who manged the construction. Not simply a monument to a great person, its primary purpose is to serve as an anchor in a line of defenses spanning the length of the Vhurghad Region into Malurn.
At this northern point, ocean water is drawn into the Jetties where it is transformed into three rivulets of lava that merge, becoming the head of the great lava river Lyrmadis. After flowing along Felakgathar for a thousand miles, it ends at a massive edifice called Felân-Dûl. Here the molten lava strikes a shimmering wall of energy, transformed back into seawater.