|Founded||19 Dreamer 602|
In the First Epoch, gnolls built the settlement Kugirmuk on the inner north face of the great sinkhole Yeenoghus Spittoon. When the empire Yagamph came to power, this town was forcibly annexed.
The gnolls lost the city to the Theegans in the Witch-Pack War (1190 - 1240). The new owners held the place for a time, then lost it to Tragaran raiders out of the Lands of Purity. The Tragarans in turn lost the place to the goblins out of Pellangoth. The place would change hands many more times until the Third Epoch. In the 1600s, the Witch Horde re-captured the place, building it up to withstand the troublesome neighbors.
In 1829, during the Buruthran War (1824 - 1829), armies of the Luran Alliance captured what was then still called Kugirmuk. Later in the same year, with the founding of the Divine Empire, this old name was replaced by the name Pharangul; after a renown archer of the Black Tide War (1465 - 1504).
From Pharangul, there are many paths and elevators descending down to the subterranean citadel Phure-Zil. Along these routes, pass massive blocks of purple stone called Dušullu-Ošur. By way of Gaereaus merchants, they are shipped across the Heliotrope Sea then to the surface. Considered a holy stone, it is much desired by the builders of the Divine Empire and the country of Malacost.
Pharangul is surrounded by numerous vineyards, fruit groves, and grain fields. The rich, almost black soil is very fertile. Crops in these areas grow twice as fast and twice as large. The farmers claim that this is a result of being near Achamâz.